You're going to love IOD Paintable Decor TransfersTM for your furniture and decor projects. They are easy and pleasurable to use. The never stick backing (this prevents transfer damage from sticking to the backing sheet), unbreakable rubbing tool, and grid lines make it easier for trimming. Once you use an IOD Paintable Decor Transfer, you’ll never go back to other methods.
IOD Paintable Décor Transfers are similar to original IOD Décor Transfers, but in a material and design that is ideally suited for coloring in. They are so. Much. Fun. And, their versatility makes it possible for you to make your project completely unique. Want to go with neutrals? Want to explode with color? Have it your way!
Catalogue of Roses - Inspiration
"Gretchen stole the gold cup for three consecutive years. Effortlessly. Strolling in with stiletto clicks she sparkled like she owned the hall, her long stride cutting straight through the thick bitterness. Adjusting her Indian blue boa, she purred “Some lovely contenders this year, Alexander. May the best rose win." Iron Orchid Designs
IOD Decor Transfers™ are designed in scale and motif to be appropriate for decor. Use them to add a unique touch to your furniture projects, wall art or accessories. Pressure sensitive, you apply them by rubbing them onto the surface. Ensure a long lasting result by sealing with a quality sealer.
IOD Decor Transfers™ are “buildable”, by adding opacity, (so that they look good when they overlap) and making the designs themselves more versatile, so that they work visually, when used in combination. Since the designs are more opaque than previous versions, they will show up well against dark colors as well as light.
How to Use IOD Paintable Decor TransfersTM
- As always, apply your Paintable Décor Transfer to a clean, matte, dry base. Many people use chalk and mineral type paints on these projects, and they work great. Optionally, when using chalk or mineral type paint, we like to enhance the bonding between transfer and paint with a light coat of universal sealer or something that functions similarly, and allow it to dry thoroughly before transfer application (always take appropriate safety precautions and follow manufacturer’s instructions).
- Prior to application, protect your Transfer from dust or debris by keeping it with it’s protective backing sheet until applied. Dust will interfere with adhesion. Since we use a special non stick backing to avoid transfer damage from excessive cling, you will need to take care that you keep them together until you apply it.
- Apply your Paintable Décor Transfer to your surface by rubbing with the included tool until it is completely transferred. When you lift the clear sheet to check, if there are any bits left on the sheet, just gently lay it back down and rub those spots to transfer them.
- Once your image is completely transferred, make sure it is all securely down and burnish with a clean dry cloth so all edges are snuggly adhered.
- OPTIONAL: At this stage, you can distress with a medium or fine sanding block if you choose. Below is a video showing the basic application using an IOD Decor Transfer.
IOD Decor Transfer
PREPARATION IS KEY.
- Keep your transfer with its backing sheet until you are ready to apply. Keep free of dust or debris, which will interfere with adhesion. Do not allow the adhesive side of transfer to touch anything prior to application. When handling the transfer, avoid letting the adhesive side touch itself (don’t do in a windy environment). Do not store transfer in extreme temperatures or humid conditions, which can affect adhesion.
- Start with a clean, dry, matte surface. If painted, make sure it’s well cured, and if you have sanded the paint make certain there is no residual dust. All of these things will interfere with adhesion.
- Carefully remove the transfer from its white backing. Slowly and carefully lower the transfer onto your intended surface, making sure that it does not touch until the placement is correct. Use small pieces of low tack tape to hold it in place.
- Using the provided tool, or one of your choice, start at one end of the transfer and rub firmly to adhere the image to the surface. Do this until the entire image is transferred. You are welcome for the free arm workout as well. If any parts aren’t transferred when you lift, simply lay it back down and rub more on that portion. After it is transferred, with a clean dry hand, smooth down any bits that aren’t flatly adhered.
- We recommend sealing with a water based (or not harsh solvent based) sealer (waxes created for chalk type paints also work well if they don’t contain harsh solvents).